There are some interesting cooking pieces we use in our culinary but have limited idea on the subject, one such is “Skewer Sticks”
A skewer is a thin metal or wood stick used to hold pieces of food together. They are used for grilling or roasting meats, Paneer tikka and other culinary applications.
Metal Skewers are generally made out of stainless steel rods with a pointed tip on one end and a grip of some kind on the other end for ease of removing the food.
Non-metallic skewers are often made from bamboo.
As per historical records excavations in Santorini, barbecueGreece unearthed stone barbeque skewers used before the 17th century BC
Small, often decorative, skewers of glass, metal, wood or bamboo known as “olive picks” are used for garnishes on cocktails and other alcoholic beverages.
Many types of snack food are sold and served “on a stick” or skewer, especially at outdoor markets, fairs, and sidewalk or roadside stands.
Bamboo Skewer Sticks
The good news is, bamboo skewers are affordable & durable. Bamboo is a replenishable resource. If they aren’t too charred, you can even reuse your bamboo skewers Over 5 times.
How to use bamboo Skewer Sticks
Unlike metal skewers, bamboo skewers do need to be soaked before you put them on the grill. Here’s how to soak bamboo skewers.
- Fill a pan with water and place the bamboo skewers in the water. Make sure the skewers are fully submerged.
- Allow the skewers to soak for a minimum of 10 minutes and up to 1-2 hours.
- For a gourmet presentation and an added depth of flavour to your grilled meals, experiment with soaking skewers in wine or juice.
- Another tip for frequent grillers: When you buy a pack of bamboo skewers – soak them all, then drain well, place them in a sealable plastic bag and stick them in the freezer. They’ll keep just fine, and you’ll be able to get your goods on the grill quicker.
- In particular, vegetarians and vegans will find skewers helpful for holding tofu, paneer, vegetarian kababs in place on the grill.
Try “BAMBOOOZ’S“ skewers available at www.amazon.in & bambooproducts.in
Manufactured in Bamboooz’s facility in Bangalore, India with one of the strongest Indian Bamboo species found. No chemical added. It comes in its natural & purest form & doesn’t burn easily & last up to 5 usages. Enjoy your Kebabs & tikka with Indian made Skewers sticks.